Your question and Charles’ response will be confidential and free. If you would prefer Charles to call you, please include your telephone number with your question
Frequently Asked Questions
- MS Teams makes voice/ telephony extremely simple for Enterprise and business users
- MS Teams with voice improves worker productivity, positively impacts culture and collaboration – within and beyond an organisation
- This is why MS Teams is the fastest adopted Microsoft product ever
There are two ways of making calls from MS Teams
- Microsoft Calling Plan
- Direct Routing
Direct Routing allows users of Microsoft Teams to make calls through a telecoms provider such as V12, rather than Microsoft.
- In the traditional model, customers would purchase, install and configure a Session Border Controller (SBC) from a Microsoft Certified partner. Once installed the SBC would then be connected to Microsoft Teams via SIP trunks and require maintenance and support throughout its life.
- Choosing V12 as your supplier removes the need for any onsite SBC hardware as this functionality takes place in the cloud. The upshot is a simple, per user model with no ongoing maintenance or support requirements.
• Microsoft 365 Business + Microsoft 365 Business Voice without Calling Plan
• E1/E3 + Microsoft 365 Business Voice without Calling Plan
• E5 (compatible with Direct Routing as standard)
Once you have the appropriate licence, you simply need to add Direct Routing from V12.
Bespoke Microsoft licences are available for organisations involved in Education and the Non Profit sector; these licences require the addition of Microsoft Business Voice without Calling Plan in order to access Direct Routing.
- By integrating with an existing PBX, pilot users can be moved to Calling in Teams while users remain on their legacy PBX. Eventually all users can be easily transitioned to Calling in Teams. The call traffic between these users during the transition stays within the organisation.
- While users are being transitioned to Calling in Teams, Call Centre agents can continue to use their application; Direct Routing enables both users to coexist. The call traffic between call centre agents and Teams users stays within the organisation.
- If you have analogue devices such as lift phones, these devices can be connected to Teams and Phone System via Direct Routing. Call traffic between analogue devices and Teams users stays within the organization.
Yes, Microsoft have announced a selection of approved devices from a number of manufacturers covering the following:
• Desk Phones
• Room Phones
• Mobile Phone Stations
“It was extremely easy. We basically supplied our company details and were able to offer phone services, leased lines or other connectivity to our customers straight away. It was completely seamless to set up.”
“The thing I like most about V12 is that a person answers the telephone, and that’s the key thing for me: I call V12 and I can talk to the managing director or another member of the team and then things happen quickly. They’re very efficient, easy to talk to, cost effective, and easy to get hold of.”
“The solution I got was very quick and effective and I believe so far from my experience with communications companies and telephone companies that with that we’ve managed to get the best possible on the market now”.
V12 Latest Case Studies
We work with a variety of different organisations across the UK and around the world. Read our Case Studies to find out how we’ve helped our clients improve their businesses through our data, mobile and voice solutions.